Monday, January 21, 2008

Volunteer Park Conservatory: heavenly escape


heavenly
Originally uploaded by JeanineAnderson
The conservatory at Volunteer Park in Seattle's Capitol Hill neighborhood is an effective treament for the chilly, wet, gray January blahs. Although compact, each room is packed with interesting plants. There's tropicals of course, plus a cacti garden, floral assortment, a themed room (azaleas right now), and others. I was very excited to spot a fig tree, but I suspect they won't let me pick the fruit when it ripens.

Although I've lived in the Seattle area for years this was my first visit to the VP Conservatory. When I lived in Minneapolis for three years the conservatory in St. Paul kept me from going snirt-crazy. (snirt = dirty snow.) Although we don't get the piles of snirt here, I plan to make the VP Conservatory a regular stopping place during walks around my Capitol Hill neighborhood.
Oh, and yep I think flower pictures are boring, too.

No comments: