Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It's the small things in life


toast tongs!
Originally uploaded by JeanineAnderson
These toast tongs are awesome! I've become hooked on toasted cheesy bagels and boy, oh boy, do they get HOT.

One of my kids (Glenn, I think) made these toast tongs in woodshop class and they've been neglected and fogotten in the mess of the utensil drawer.

After burning the fingertips, I briefly considered using a metal fork -- but yeah, I've seen the same cartoons as you and didn't want to turn into a b/w skeleton.

Wait, don't I have TOAST TONGS? Why yes I do! Nom nom nom.

1 comment:

Luna-See said...

OMG...I heart my toast tongs too! They tend to get used for other household projects that pop up (no pun intended) like pulling a new paper towel roll off of the top shelf. I even attempted to use them to secure a flower I was gluing on to a top hat. Um, Did.Not.Work but it was worth a try!