Monday, September 22, 2008

The History Hacker: Catch the TV pilot Friday

Former Seattlite Bre Pettis, now of MAKE and Etsy fame, is the host of a new TV show on the History Channel. The History Hacker is essentially a mashup of history, science, MAKE, and TLC's Mythbusters.

"The pilot is all about Nikola Tesla and the war of the currents between Tesla and Edison. In the show I learn how to blow a neon tube, explore wireless electricity and build an AC generator from a bike. I also go to Boston to visit an MIT space lab to see how the principles that Tesla pioneered are being applied to space propulsion," Bre says. [more]

The pilot airs this Friday September 26th at 8pm (and again at midnight) on the History Channel. Set your Tivo or DVR or whatever and check it out.

DIY to the core.

1 comment:

Luna-See said...

Bre's rad. I miss his MAKE videos. His new show actually makes me wish I owned a tv...I wonder if it will be viewable online?