Monday, June 16, 2008

La Cote Creperie on Madison


La Cote Creperie
Originally uploaded by JeanineAnderson
Rectangle-shaped and brown, but get over it: the savory crepes at La Cote Creperie are delicious. I ordered the l'auvergnate: proscuitto, bleu cheese, and walnuts. By "order" I mean I pointed to it on the menu. (What? I don't speak French!) I considered ordering a small salad greens to go alongside, but didn't in favor of saving room to order a lemon-sugar sweet crepe later.

La Cote Creperie uses buckwheat flour for their savory crepes, and boy, what a delight. The buckwheat provides a deep note to balance out the rich savory filling. The l'auvergnate was a nice balance of flavors and textures: salt, crunch, and cheese. The portion was perfectly sized: any larger and the rich flavors would be too much.

And the lemon-sugar crepe: I didn't end up ordering it. I need an excuse to go back to La Cote Creperie soon.

La Cote Creperie
2811 E Madison St
(between E 28th Ave & E 29th Ave)
Seattle, WA 98112
(206) 323-9800

No comments: