Friday, March 21, 2008

Coachella-goers can take a free train ride

Golden Voice has teamed with Amtrak to offer a free Coachella Express train from Los Angeles to Indio, CA for the annual Coachella Music Festival. The Coachella Express departs L.A. on Thursday, April 24th, and returns on Monday, April 28th. Seats are limited to 500 campers.

Available to campers only. Interesting. Baggage limitations: two "checked" items, up to 50 lbs each, plus one carry-on. The free train ride must be geared to the "light" camper. I can't imagine camping within these parameters -- I like a little comfort with my sleeping bag. Such as a tent I can stand up in.

Oh, hold on...I bet this is geared toward the campers who are taking advantage of the new camping options offered this year: "luxury onsite accomodations." Tent and sleeping props provided. (By that I mean something to sleep on, not someone to sleep with. You're on your own for that.)

More details and reservations on the Coachella Express here.

For those keeping track at home, I am not camping at Coachella.

No comments: